October is here and, once again, we are “All Hopped Up For The Cure”! Pink ribbons, pink hair, and pink scooters dominate the theme at the brewery this month and we are shooting for the stars with our fundraising efforts all month long! Last year we donated over $12,000 to the Sutter Breast Care Center of Santa Rosa, but this year we plan to shatter that record!
Here is what we are doing this month and how you can help in the fight against Breast Cancer:
- We are donating 5% of the proceeds of sales at our pub of Aud Blonde all month long!
- This year’s “All Hopped Up For The Cure” t-shirts are available at our pub and ONLINE, along with our embroidered flex-fit hat. We will donate 100% of the proceeds to the Center. This is a great way to contribute if you don’t live near here!
- We are raffling off a Pink Vespa 150 autographed by Lyle Lovett! He seems to like us and supports our cause! Raffle tickets are $10, 3 for $25. The drawing will be held on Halloween but you have to either be present to win or available by phone at the time of the drawing. The lucky winner will need to claim their scooter in person within 30 days and arrange for their own shipping/transportation of the scooter. It’s a really cool prize for any of you current or future scooter enthusiasts! Tickets available at our pub and at Revolution Moto in Santa Rosa!
- An eclectic collection of hand-crafted bras will be for sale after Monday the 4th and on display at the brewery all month!
- Of course, if you would simply like to make a donation, we will have a donate button on our website soon (if it’s not up already), or you can send a check to my attention at 725 4th Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95404 made out to “Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation” for any amount! All the funds will go directly to the Sutter Breast Care Center and your contributions help fund mammograms, screening, and treatment for men and women diagnosed with Breast Cancer.
One last item- some of you may know about the beer that never was, the beer that I never had a chance to blog about before it completely sold out. I will admit, I am a little bummed that someone posted it on Beer Advocate before lunch yesterday and all 23 cases were snatched up in less than 24 hours. But we also raised over $3,000 with the sales of this beer before October was even here! So for those of us who did not get any bottles, we must wait until next year. And to those who did get a couple bottles, please drink it humbly with friends and family in honor and memory of the survivors and especially the ones who lost the good fight.
I will follow this post shortly with some photos from yesterday’s kickoff meeting with our staff at the pub and Johnna from Revolution Moto, as well as photos with most of my girls at the Catwalk For A Cure today!
Cheers, and thank you!