Position: Brewer (includes cellar and packaging work)
Shift: Must be available weekdays, weekends, and some nights
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work safely
- Have a passion for quality beer and quality workmanship
- Work well with co-workers
- Cleaning and sanitation
- Perform all brewhouse and cellar work at both our 20 bbl brewery (brewpub) and our 50 bbl brewery (production brewery)
- Wort production
- CIP tanks and equipment
- Perform beer transfers
- Dry hop tanks
- Operate centrifuge and lenticular filter
- Carbonate beer
- All cellar work to be completed with an eye towards low DO
- Operate bottling line including labeler, rinser, filler, crowner, & corker
- Operate keg racking line including the ability to tip a 1/2 bbl keg onto a pallet
- Supervise packaging staff
- Work with and report any mechanical issues to the maintenance manager and/or supervisor
- Work with lab staff with any QC/QA protocols
- Operate a fork lift safely
- Perform other jobs in the brewery as needed
- Assist other employees as necessary
- Participate in the occasional beer festival or brewery event
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
A good candidate must fit in with our passionate and hard working team, be a great communicator, possess a mechanical aptitude, and must have at least two years experience in production brewing. A brewing degree from a recognized brewing school is preferred. Previous experience operating a packaging line is also a plus. Candidates must be serious about safety, quality, and cleanliness. A good candidate will also need to lift up to 60 pounds, be able to twist and turn, be able to reach over your shoulders, and work in a standing, walking, or crouching position at a steady pace. Candidates must also be available to work days, weekends, and some nights.
- Competitive wage based on previous work experience and expertise.
- Benefits package includes medical, vacation, and of course beer.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or walk-ins.