We are hiring a full time Packaging Tech to join the RRBC team at our new Windsor facility in mid-September. Please review the job description, and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The Packaging Tech will be responsible for supporting the bottling operations and kegging beer by completing the following duties:
- Provide support for all bottling line operations (loading crowns, labels, boxes, etc.)
- Operate the Comac keg racker
- Ensures all packaging tasks are completed safely, accurately and on-time.
- Work safely and demonstrate cooperation with co-workers
- Have a passion for quality beer and quality workmanship
- Cleaning and sanitation
- All work to be completed with an eye towards low Total Packaged Oxygen
- Report any mechanical issues to packaging lead or packaging manager
- Operate a fork lift safely
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Follow all safety rules and wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as required
We are seeking the following qualifications:
- Previous experience on a packaging line is preferred
- Possess a mechanical aptitude to repair packaging equipment
- Must be serious about safety, quality and cleanliness
- Fit in with our passionate and hard-working team
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
Skills and abilities desired:
- Effectively managing one’s own time
- Excellent communication skills
- Work calmly under pressure
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Listen and understand information and ideas as presented
- Communicate information and ideas through speaking and writing so others will understand
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Work as a team member
The legal stuff:
Applicants must be at least 21 years old. Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 60 pounds and manipulate and/or move up to 155 pounds, including tipping full kegs via a tipping station. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. The employee operates a motor vehicle/forklift.
We offer a fun work environment, with group medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, vacation and holiday pay, 401k, and beer/food/merchandise discounts!