We are hiring a temporary, full time Customer Service and Merchandise Coordinator!
This position is responsible for managing all gift shop related items, for fulfilling all online orders and other shipping, and for providing excellent customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Performs monthly inventory of merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished in order to ensure adequate levels of merchandise are on hand at all times
- Orders, unpacks, folds and timely distributes merchandise
- Ensures all merchandise items in stock are accurately listed on online gift shop
- Fulfills online and phone gift shop orders and prepares items for shipping
- Ensures pub gift shop is stocked and all items are accurately programmed into Micros system
- Fulfills all gift card orders
- Suggests new merchandise or shirt designs for gift shop
- Reconciles merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct
- Answers customers' questions via phone or email about merchandise and advises customers on merchandise selections
- Evaluates best method for shipping online orders
- Prepares keg collar labels as needed
- Assists with other tasks as requested by other managers or company owners
This position provides supervisory guidance to the Customer Service & Merchandise Coordinator Assistant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Basic arithmetic
- Principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products
- Company’s online gift shop ordering and fulfilling software and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with the public
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions, and not interrupting
- Actively looking for ways to help people
- Effectively managing one’s own time
- Shipping processes, such as FedEx and UPS
- Work as a team member
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand
- Speak clearly so others can understand you
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Accuracy when fulfilling customer orders and re-ordering merchandise
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- College degree or equivalent
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Prior experience with computer programs, (MS Word, Excel) and inventory management systems
- Current CA Driver’s License with clean driving record
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally and reading customer orders online. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit or stand for long periods of time; walk; use finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 50 pounds. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. The employee occasionally may need to transport himself or herself to another location. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Occasional local travel may be required.