RRBC Santa Rosa is hiring a full time Cook to join the team!
The Cook prepares, seasons, and cooks all food orders in the restaurant and maintains the quality, presentation, and sanitation of the kitchen, and may order supplies, keep records and accounts or price items on the menu.Please read the description below and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Prepares a variety of food utilizing skill and creativity
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe kitchen; ensures all sanitation procedures are being followed
- Cleans food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils
- Reads food orders or receives instructions as to food required by customer; prepares food accordingly
- Turns or stir foods to ensure even cooking and seasons and cooks food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience
- Weighs, measures, and mixes ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
- Washes, cuts, and prepares foods designated for cooking, and measures ingredients required for food
- Regulates temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Ensures that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently
- Observes and tests foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing with utensils
- Ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures
- Utilizes tools and machines, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with precision
- Ensures proper storage labeling and dating of all food
- Occasionally may need to fill in washing dishes
- Any other tasks as requested by a manager on duty
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 6 months of related experience in a high volume restaurant environment or equivalent
- Current Serve Safe or California Food Handlers Certification
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays (required)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic sanitation and workplace safety regulations, food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures
- Vocational school courses in kitchen basics such as food safety and handling procedures preferred
- Must be efficient, quick, and work well as part of a team
- Ability to withstand constant pressure to prepare meals quickly, while ensuring quality is maintained, and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed at all times
- Personal cleanliness is essential
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment with some serious perks such as; group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, 401k with matching, and discounts on beer/food/merchandise!
Please apply here: https://secure.saashr.com/ta/i.RRBC.careers?ApplyToJob=235042112
Russian River Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and participates in e-verify.