RRBC Windsor is seeking a full time Dishwasher to join the team!
We offer a fun and challenging work environment with some serious perks such as; group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, 401k with matching, discounts on beer/food/merchandise, gym discounts, yoga and massage onsite for employees, and much more!
Please read our description below and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
The Dishwasher is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
The primary duties are:
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Other duties as directed.
- Any other tasks as requested by a manager on duty
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service in a restaurant environment
- Knowledge of general kitchen equipment maintenance and troubleshooting
- Effectively managing one’s own time and working well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills for dealing with the public and staff
- Communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing so others will understand; ability to give attention to what others are saying and ask questions as appropriate
- Understanding written sentences in work-related documents
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Understand information and ideas and follow oral instruction
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time and ability to shift between two or more activities
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer)
- Quickly move your hand(s)
- Must be at least 21 years old within 3 months of hire date
- Current Serve Safe or California Food Handlers Certification
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Availability to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays (required)
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic sanitation and workplace safety regulations, food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures
- Vocational school courses in kitchen basics such as food safety and handling procedures preferred
- Must be efficient, quick, and work well as part of a team
- Ability to withstand constant pressure to prepare dishwashing quickly, while ensuring quality is maintained, and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed at all times
- Personal cleanliness is essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and walk quickly for long periods of time. The position requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s) for dishwashing; use of hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. Talk and hear; stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 75 pounds. Creativity and a keen sense of taste and smell are needed. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
RRBC is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.
Please apply here: https://secure.saashr.com/ta/i.RRBC.careers?ApplyToJob=251835142