RRBC Windsor is seeking a full time General Manager to join our team! If you are passionate about craft beer, pub food, and providing an exceptional customer experience, we invite you to review our description below. If it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The General Manager directs and manages all Windsor Pub and Gift Shop operations and activities to ensure outstanding customer service, satisfied customers, smooth running operations, a comfortable and clean environment, and safe and happy working conditions for employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ensures customers are receiving the best possible service at all times
- Responsible for hiring, training, and counseling all direct reports
- Ensures all administrative duties and responsibilities are current and completed in a timely manner, (responding to emails, voice mails, other department requests)
- Performs, delegates, or outsources pub-related maintenance
- Ensures ethical and honest handling of company’s money and employee tips
- Manages supplies inventory
- Estimates food and beverage costs
- Supervises operation of pub to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conforms to the regulations of the Department of Alcohol Beverage Control
- Reviews and monitors expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations
- Manages and posts shift schedules and workflow of restaurant staff, and manages labor costs to ensure proper service levels and budget management
- Reviews all time cards for hourly staff and approves payroll for assigned department
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling and general cleanliness of pub
- Ensures pub operations are in compliance with all health and safety guidelines
- Monitors overall condition of pub, gift shop, public areas, and outside grounds; ensures that deficiencies are rectified
- Maintains visibility and accessibility to customers, staff, and vendors; maintains effective communication with all staff to ensure pub is performing at established standards
- Provides day-to-day guidance, leadership, and oversight of subordinates
- Keeps up-to-date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions
- All other duties as assigned
This position manages the Chef, pub and retail staff, including tours and events (when reinstated).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates leadership in all aspects of performance
- Alcohol Beverage laws as they pertain to serving alcohol
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Basic knowledge of business arithmetic and ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership and supervisory techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and customer service skills for dealing with the public and staff
- Giving full attention to what others are saying and asking questions as appropriate
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Good organization, prioritization, and time management skills for dealing with diverse duties and staff
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Effectively supervise, motivate, give direction, counsel, and lead others
- Understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Work as a team member
- Concurrently handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing so others will understand
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time and maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternate
- Minimum two years’ related experience in a restaurant environment or equivalent
- People management: minimum of one year experience required
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally and greeting and assisting customers, as well as written communication. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit, stand, and walk; use fingers, grasp, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 55 pounds, and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above and below the shoulder is sometimes required. The employee occasionally may need to operate a motor vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Requires weekend and evening work
- Occasional travel is required
Russian River Brewing Company offers a fun and challenging work environment with some serious perks as group medical/dental/vision/life/accident/FSA, and pet insurance, 401k, paid vacation, sick and holidays, as well as discounts on beer/food/merchandise.
Please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to: Jobs@russianriverbrewing.com. RRBC is an equal opportunity employer and uses e-verify.