Russian River Brewing Company is hiring a full time Kitchen Supervisor to join the team at our downtown pub in Santa Rosa!
We offer a fun and challenging work environment with some great perks such as: group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, 401k with a company match, pet insurance, and discounts on beer/food/merchandise.
Please read our description below and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Apply here: https://secure.saashr.com/ta/i.RRBC.careers?ApplyToJob=251841728
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Spends approximately 65% – 75% of time preparing food orders
- Ensures recipes are followed and portion control is adhered to
- Coordinates and guides kitchen staff; escalates situations to Kitchen Manager as appropriate
- Ensures all side work is done before staff leave shift
- Manages shift changes and monitors kitchen staff breaks
- Acts as back-up for ordering for the Kitchen Management team when needed
- Acts as back-up for creating shift schedules
· Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
· Basic business arithmetic
· Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
· Principles involved in coordination of people and resources
· Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
· Knowledge of all prep and properly assessing what needs preparation
· Knowledge of all kitchen stations
· Good knife skills
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills for dealing with the public and waitstaff
· Giving full attention to what others are saying and asking questions as appropriate
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Good organization, prioritization, and time management skills for dealing with diverse duties and staff
· Computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Work as a team member
· Effectively give direction to others
· Calculate figures and amounts
· Understand and follow oral and written instruction
· Deal effectively with a diversity of individuals
· Handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing so others will understand
· Organize, prioritize, and manage time
· Maintain a high level of attention to detail
· High school diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
· Two plus years’ experience in high volume kitchen (high volume restaurant experience a plus)
· Serve Safe or California Food Handlers Certification
· Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
· Bilingual skills a plus
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Professional appearance and demeanor
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, twist and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 75 pounds. Use of arms above or below the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
RRBC is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-verify.