RRBC Windsor is seeking a full time Senior Accountant to join the team!
Please read the description below and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The Senior Accountant supports the direction of the Controller and coordinates, maintains, and controls an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of the Company. This role serves as a resource in all aspects of accounting by ensuring accurate internal and external recording, reporting of financial transactions, and that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal, regulatory, and Company procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Processes accounts receivables including researching, correcting problems and contacting customers as needed.
- Supports the Controller closing month and period, and preparing financial statements; including audit support.
- Supports and acts as back up for accounts payables including researching and correcting problems and variances as needed.
- Supports and acts as back up for accounts payables.
- Helps maintain general ledger and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements as directed by the Controller.
- Protects organization’s assets.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understand and applies generally accepted principles and practices of accounting; including account reconciliation, analysis and reporting of financial data
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Use of technology in financial applications
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, and evaluation
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations, codes
- Principles and processes for providing customer service
- Using math to solve problems
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions or approaches to problems
- Listen and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written words
- Use sound independent judgment within established guidelines
- Use of modern office equipment including computers, computer applications, and software
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources
- Establish and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; and a minimum of 5 years related senior accounting experience required; CPA a plus
- Proven, progressive experience in management accounting
- Experience with SAP software – or other accounting software; Obeer a plus
- Working knowledge of financial reporting
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proven business acumen skills
- Proficient in Microsoft MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; prior ERP experience a plus
- Must be ethical and honest, and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit for long periods of time; stand and walk; use finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands; talk and hear; and climb. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
We offer a competitive wage, group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, 401k, paid time off, and beer/food/merch discounts!
Please apply here: https://secure.saashr.com/ta/i.RRBC.careers?ApplyToJob=218236736