We are hiring a full time Sous Chef to join the team in Windsor!
Please read the description for the Sous Chef and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The Sous Chef is primarily responsible for managing the food line, ensuring quality and consistency, supervising kitchen staff, monitoring shift changes, and scheduling breaks. The Sous Chef will have a commitment to quality throughout the kitchen while being a passionate steward for RRBC and craft beer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Spends approximately 75% of time on the line preparing food orders and managing the flow of orders with the FOH staff
- Ensure that the kitchen operates efficiently, effectively, and professionally, in accordance with our high quality standards
- Creates specials and helps with menu changes
- Trains, guides, and counsels kitchen staff regarding performance and attendance; escalates situations to Chef as appropriate
- Maintains standards of cleanliness in the kitchen to include dry storage, walkins, freezer and dishpit
- Ensures all side work is done before staff leaves shift
- Manages shift changes and monitors kitchen staff breaks
- Assists the Chef in ordering produce and proteins
- Assists the Chef in creating staff schedules
- Provides input regarding hiring needs and staff performance as well as recommendations to Chef for employee reviews
- Food preparation and health and safety standards
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Basic business arithmetic
- Comprehensive knowledge of all kitchen duties and tasks
- Principles involved in coordination of people and resources
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques as it relates to ordering and food production
- Good knife skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills for dealing with the public and waitstaff
- Giving full attention to what others are saying and asking questions as appropriate
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Good organization, prioritization, and time management skills for dealing with diverse duties and staff
- Computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to effectively manage, direct, and lead a large team
- Strong communication abilities, with employees, vendors, and customers
- Problem solving capabilities and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Collaborative attitude with an emphasis on excellent customer service
- Time management strengths with the ability to multi-task
- Effectively give direction to others; sets the example of professional behavior at all times
- Calculate figures and amounts
- Understand and follow oral and written instruction
- Deal effectively with a diversity of individuals
- Handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing so others will understand
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- High school diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Two years of Sous Chef experience in high volume kitchen required
- Serve Safe or California Food Handlers Certification
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, bend, twist and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 75 pounds. Use of arms above or below the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work may require weekend and/or evening work.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- The employee is expected to adhere to all company policies.
Please apply here: https://secure.saashr.com/ta/i.RRBC.careers?ApplyToJob=218258501
Russian River Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and participates in e-verify.