Russian River Brewing Company is hiring a full time Southern California Area Manager to join the team! This position is based in the Los Angeles/San Diego area. Please read our description below and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
This position is responsible for managing all RRBC accounts in Southern California (From Santa Barbara in the North, to San Diego in the South).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with RRBC’s valued wholesale partners and accounts
- Respond in a timely manner to customer feedback/complaints with compassion and professional courtesy
- Prepare and make presentations to sales teams
- Work with distributor(s) to manage allocations for all RRBC products
- Audit on/off premise accounts for Quality Assurance
- Maximize the customer experience from distributor to consumer
- Embrace and communicate RRBC’s company culture
- Follow up on complaints and ongoing issues with bootlegging
- Lay the foundation to streamline future strategic allocations
- Assist distributor sales team in day-to-day management of RRBC’s message and quality standards
- Represent RRBC at festivals and events
This position manages the RRBC San Diego Brewery Representative.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Craft beer/wine/spirit/food/life enthusiast; Cicerone certification a plus
- Working knowledge of supplier and distributor sales in Craft Beer
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership and supervisory techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Principles and methods for moving goods by road, including the relative costs and benefits
- Business math and its application to distribution techniques
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods
- Effectively managing one’s own time
- Excellent communication skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Listen and understand information and ideas as presented
- Communicate information and ideas through speaking and writing so others will understand
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting standards and monitoring performance
- Use common sense in all daily activities
- Work as a team member
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- At least 3 years experience in supplier and distributor sales; preferably in the Southern California market
- Prior management experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Must be able to travel as the business requires
- Current/valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 55 pounds and manipulate and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. The employee operates a motor vehicle.
We offer a fun and rewarding work environment with some serious perks such as; group medical/dental/vision/life/accident/pet insurance, 401k, paid time off, company car, and discounts on beer/food/merchandise… to name a few!
Please apply here: email@example.com by sending your cover letter and resume.
RRBC is an equal opportunity employer and we participate in e-verify.